Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cartoonist for Website

Awhile ago my grandpa was telling me that I should use Craigslist.com to find jobs. I was on my facebook page and one of my friends made the comment "I love craigslist." and it clicked. Rob was playing Batman Arkham Assylum and so I decided to do some job searching. Went to Art,Design,Media under jobs, went through the list, and emailed my interests to some of the job opts. One of them was for a guy looking for a Cartoonist for his website. I sent him an email and I got a phone call the next morning.

The office was down the street so I grabbed a sketchbook and went over. His name is Tom and he actually makes gages. The gages are for auto welding...something like that. He has clients in London, Japan, and Australia. But @ first I was like. "so I'm going to make cartoons for a gage website?" Nope. His website is about converting the U.S. metric system into the one that the world uses. Like instead of using miles, it will be kilometers. No more am and pm, just military time. The biggest change will be the calendar. Ever heard of The World Calendar? It was designed in the 1930's. The U.S. was suppose to adapt it in the 1950's, but Roosevelt decided not to adapt it because not enough people from congress passed it or something. Basically there will be either 30 or 31 days every month & every date will be on the same day. Like your birthday will be on the same day every year. So my job will be to design cartoons for the site. Like a clock w. 13:00 instead of 1:00pm. Stuff like that. Got any questions just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment